Sunday, February 14, 2010

James, where's your monkey?


I took James Owen to the mall in Springfield Saturday afternoon. It is so cold and yucky out and we needed to give daddy some time to grade papers. The mall seemed perfect. Some where to stroll! After a screaming meanie fit all the way there, James really had a blast inside. He wandered and smiled. He pushed the stroller and climbed all over those silly riding toys. (lucky mama doesn't have to put quarters in yet...it's so fun not knowing they move!) We spent a couple hours there and I realized this was the cheapest mall trip ever! I didn't want to take him into any stores and I couldn't justify standing in line for Gloria Jean coffee. So we just had fun. On the way out though was Gymboree. Come on! I couldn't resist and he had been so good he needed a cute new shirt...which he got...a train conductor onesie...super cute...and he had his choice of an alligator or monkey stuffed animal. He picked the monkey. We made it to the door, I put on his coat and put his monkey in his cup holder. We left the mall and just as we got to our perfect parking spot...like 3 spots from the door...I noticed Monkey was no longer in the cup holder...or with James...or under James...or behind us the 20 feet we travelled. Monkey was gone. James Owen where is your monkey? Ha! he had it a whole 6 minutes! Good thing mommy missed out on her $6 latte. It made up for the monkey purchase!

No comments: